MFS: Montreal Food Series!!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Au revoir Ontario!

Allo!! Comment ça va?! For those that didn't know or haven't checked the Diner's Dish Facebook page, I just returned from a wonderful vacation in what many call, la belle province; Montreal, Quebec. Primary reason for visiting the "City of Saints" is my friend Kasia (the birthday girl from my previous post @ Frank Restaurant) told me about this amazing 3 day music festival, Osheaga, held at Parc Jean-Drapeau on the Island of Sainte-Hélène. The Osheaga Music and Arts festival was born in 2006 and stands as Canada's largest music festival of its kind. (it is frequently considered the Canadian Coachella, which is an even larger festival in Indio, California). This ginormous music festival houses over 100 music artists ranging from a plethora of genre's including some of the world's biggest heavy hitters (Snoop "Lion", The Black Keys, Metric, Franz Ferdinand), to some of the greatest indie and up and coming talent (The Arkells, Hey Ocean, Bombay Bicycle Club, Dan Mangan, and several more)

Anyways, back on the topic of food, Montreal does not mess around when it comes to eating! Over my week there, my co-vacationers and I (Kasia, Evelyn and Kristel), indulged in what Montreal is best known for. Et Voila, enter the MFS, Montreal Food Series! I thought this would make things easier to follow instead of one huge long drawn out post since so many magnificent foods were eaten. 

I've decided to break it down as follows:



I will try my best to release a new part every few days as its still fresh in my head but for now, I need to get some much needed rest and recuperation from my vacation! Bonne Nuit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment